Cricket Australia Coaching
The lifeblood of any sport is the experience players receive when they first join a program. Our priority is to provide a layered development approach with easy access so coaches can learn, develop and deliver programs as they go.
What do I need to do to sign up?
- Register as a coach here
- Complete the Introduction to Coaching course online (7 short, online modules)
- Download the CA Coaching App
- Complete the Junior Coach modules
- Register for a Junior Coach Course face to face session
- Once both components are completed, you will become an accredited Community Level 1 coach
The Introduction to Coaching online modules are the entry point for all coaches. They are the first step towards gaining a Community Coach accreditation. The second step is to complete the Junior Coach course; either a four-hour face to face course or done as a two-part series. Part A is available via the completion of ten short modules through the CA Coach App and then Part B is a two-hour face to face course with a facilitator from your local State or Territory. The face to face sessions remain critical in the coach development process as they provide hands on support and practical experience in creating coaching environments.
Community Coaches are then encouraged to keep learning and developing by accessing the Advanced Community Coach online modules. These are available to all coaches who have completed both the Introduction to Coaching and the Junior Coach Course. (Community Coach accreditation)
All layers up to and including the Advanced Community Coach modules remain free for coaches to access. This significant investment will continue to help develop coaching skills around Australia, with an emphasis on junior cricket, by making Courses more accessible to parents, volunteers and all budding cricket coaches who devote their time and effort to ensure children of all backgrounds and skill levels can enjoy the game we love!
How will you benefit from completing a Community Coach Course?
There are many benefits associated with completing learning within the Community cricket context. Ultimately, you will have access to the latest information and resources to help you create fun and engaging sessions for your players! The Course will also contribute to the development of creative and inspiring coaches that coach The Australian Way where players can enjoy the game, develop new skills, compete and have some success along the way!
Throughout the course you will be provided with important information, strategies and resources associated with several key areas, including:
• The skills of the game (Scoring Runs and Taking Wickets)
• How to help prepare your players to perform and to lead the game
• Game understanding and awareness
• Different teaching/coaching techniques and methodologies
• Effective ways of conducting training sessions to ensure maximum participation and engagement
• The impact of creating a fun, safe and inclusive learning environment with a ‘duty of care’ to all players
• Awareness of the various factors motivating young people to play and enjoy the game
• How to track player development throughout the season.
The most important connection and access points for coaches are:
Cricket Australia Coaching Website
- Online Learning
- Coaching Resources
CA Coach App
- Junior Coach modules
- MyTraining session planner where you can build your own session plans and/or access a series of sessions that have already been created for your convenience
- An Above the Shoulders tool to tackle the ‘other’ side of the game
- Access to 200 different Activity Clips across all areas of the game
- Access to specific fielding and fitness information and programs
- Access to your Accreditation Card and membership details