Running your Club
- Cricket Australia will consider your application based on the information that you have provided on your application. You confirm that the information you are submitting to Cricket Australia is true, accurate and current.
- You acknowledge and agree, as an Applicant, that acceptance by Cricket Australia of your application does not create any obligation on Cricket Australia to appoint you as a volunteer, and that Cricket Australia may determine whether or not to appoint any ambassador in its absolute discretion.
- You agree that any decision made by Cricket Australia in relation to the appointment of ambassadors will be final and you will have no right of recourse to challenge any decision by Cricket Australia, including appointing an ambassador, or rejecting or refusing to consider an applicant, or to cancel the Club Ambassador Program.
- If you are appointed by Cricket Australia as an ambassador under the Club Ambassador Program, you agree that your appointment is subject to these terms and conditions.
- Should an Applicant’s details change at any time after the date that they apply to become a Club Ambassador the Applicant must notify Cricket Australia of their new details.
- Cricket Australia reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time including, but not limited to, changing any dates, venues, requirements, terms or conditions (including these) and any aspect of the Club Ambassador Program.
- You consent to undergoing police, criminal and other security checks prior to or during provision of your volunteer services as a club ambassador for Cricket Australia and agree to provide the necessary consent and approvals as required by law to facilitate such checks, and acknowledge that the results of any such checks shall be dealt with in accordance with Cricket Australia’s policies, including that Cricket Australia may reject or terminate your volunteer services in the event you fail to satisfy police, criminal or other security checks. You also agree to immediately notify Cricket Australia now or in the future of any conduct or matter relating to your ability to be a volunteer which Cricket Australia may consider as bringing Cricket Australia into disrepute.
- You agree:
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitute the Applicant (if successful) to be an employee or agent of Cricket Australia; nor shall anything in this Agreement be construed as creating an employment or agency relationship between Cricket Australia and a successful Applicant(s). The Applicant acknowledges that Cricket Australia is not vicariously liable for the acts of any successful Applicant.
- You agree that you are not being paid by Cricket Australia for your volunteer services as a club ambassador, and you have no claim for payment from Cricket Australia for your services. You will not be entitled to payment by Cricket Australia of any expenses incurred by you in providing volunteer services as a club ambassador except to the extent agreed prior in writing by Cricket Australia.
- This Application is free, but any costs associated with downloading an Application Form and sending an Application Form to Cricket Australia are the responsibility of the Applicant.
- Entries will not be returned to any Applicant and become the property of Cricket Australia. Applicants must ensure that their Application Forms are received by Cricket Australia by the due date. All Application Forms are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by Cricket Australia, not time of being sent by the Applicant. Cricket Australia takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Application Forms or for any delays or failures in any postal service or equipment.
- The Applicant, if successful, undertakes that it will not directly or indirectly:
- By submitting an Application Form to be a Cricket Australia Club Ambassador, Applicants:
Role, responsibility and safety
(a) to perform the responsibilities and tasks that are assigned to you, which may vary from time to time, to the best of your ability, with all due care and diligence and in compliance with the directions of Cricket Australia;
(b) not to personally engage in or assist any other person in any other activities which may adversely affect the interests of Cricket Australia, including engaging in or facilitating unauthorised third party commercial associations;
(c) not to make comments on social media or to media organisations, disparaging or otherwise, which relate in any way to the business of Cricket Australia, including Cricket Australia’s intellectual property and confidential information;
(d) with regard to safety:
i. that you understand and accept that there may be risks associated with performing volunteer activities;
ii. that you will perform your volunteer activities in a safe manner;
iii. to ensure that your volunteer activities do not put yourself or others at risk; and
iv. to cooperate with Cricket Australia in anything that it does or requires in order to ensure safety;
(e) to comply with Cricket Australia policies as relevant to the club ambassador program provided to you from time to time by Cricket Australia, including but not limited to the Cricket Australia Code of Conduct; and
(f) to be proactive in taking all reasonable practical steps to ensure the safety of yourself and others affected by your work, and to co-operate fully with Cricket Australia management in implementing safe practices.
No employment relationship
Betting Related Activities
(a) bet on or in relation to any cricket match or series of cricket matches or any cricket-related function or event (“Event”), regardless of whether the Event relates to an Australian, State Cricket Association or Big Bash League team or any other cricket team playing in or outside Australia;
(b) be a party to fixing or contriving the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of an Event; or
(c) disclose Inside Information to any person (with or without reward) before or during any Event where Applicant might reasonably be expected to know that disclosure of such information in such circumstances could be used by any person in relation to betting. “Inside information” means any information relating to any Event that the Applicant possesses by virtue of being a Club Ambassador. Such information includes, but is not limited to, factual information regarding the selection of a cricket team or the prospects of selection of a player in a cricket team, the competitors in a cricket match or the conditions, tactical considerations or any other aspect of a cricket match and information regarding voting in relation to cricket awards, but does not include such information that is already published or a matter of public record (other than as a result of disclosure by the Applicant), readily and actually acquired by an interested member of the public or disclosed according to the rules and regulations governing the relevant Event.
Use of Likeness
(a) consent to the recording, use, reuse and modification by Cricket Australia or any of the State and Territory Cricket Associations (and related corporations or any other company associated with them and their employees, agents, officers, directors and contractors, (together the Releasees) of each Applicant’s voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance and biographical material (collectively Likeness) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Cricket Australia Club Ambassador Program;
(b) agree that the Releasees will own and may use, reuse and modify any photos, images, sound recordings, video and any other materials of each Applicant including those made by Cricket Australia in connection with the Cricket Australia Club Ambassador Program (Materials) and all intellectual property rights and other rights to the Materials including, without limitation, the right to use the Materials in any and all media known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Cricket Australia Club Ambassador Program including in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing and/or advertising of the Cricket Australia Club Ambassador Program in any manner whatsoever;
(c) release the Releasees from any and all liability arising out of the use of each Applicant’s Likeness and the Materials and agree not to make any claim against the Releasees as a result of the recording, publishing, modification and/or use of an Applicant’s Likeness and/or Materials; and
(d) consent to any use of the Applicant’s Likeness and the Materials that may otherwise infringe their moral rights and Applicants waive any moral rights they might have in each Applicant’s Likeness and the Materials within the meaning of the Copyright Amendment (Moral Rights) Act 2000 (the Act), and grant the Releasees consent under the Act to enable the Releasees to make the fullest possible use of each Applicant’s Likeness and the Materials.