Running your Club
A Sport for All
Are you able to help us grow cricket participation in your local community?
Australian cricket is looking to recruit volunteer cricket ambassadors that can help us grow the game amongst our priority groups including women and girls; people from multicultural backgrounds, Indigenous Australians and people with a disability.
What is a Community Ambassador?
An A Sport For All Community Ambassador is someone that actively helps promote, assist and support the delivery of cricket activities in their community. They help deliver on a selection of the activities that include:
- Grow participation in cricket;
- Open doors to new communities;
- Share cricket’s message.
- Well-connected within their community and has strong local relationships;
- Enthusiastic about sharing their passion for cricket with their community;
- Committed to delivering cricket experiences that are fun, friendly, welcoming and inclusive.
What will Australian Cricket provide you with?
A Sport For All Community Ambassadors are be provided with:
The Community Ambassador Program is a competitive process with limited spots available. Australian cricket will shortlist candidates based on the below equally weighted criteria:
- A willingness to commit time to the delivery of agreed activities;
- Demonstrated local relationships and networks within their local community;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Other compulsory requirements include:
- Participating in an induction session held in each State/Territory;
- Agree and adhere to the A Sport For All Community Ambassador Code of Conduct
- Have a valid working with children/National Police check;
- You must be living in Australia.
How to apply:
To become a Community Ambassador please submit your expression of interest below by midnight Sunday 30 July 2017.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. No applications will be accepted after 30 July 2017.
Meet Ram: Our 2016/17 Community Ambassador of the Year
Ram C Khanal is a former refugee from Bhutan who uses his love and passion for cricket to unite, empower, settle and integrate fellow refuge youth in their new home. Ram established the Albury Bhutanese Cricket team from scratch and has taken this project nationwide, by helping fellow Bhutanese refugee youth across Australia to form their own teams. His influence has reached as far as Cairns in Queensland to Launceston in Tasmania. Read more about Ram’s story here.
|Type of Activity||Ram's Achievements in Season 2016/17|
|Grow participation in cricket||
|Open doors to new communities||
|Share cricket messages||