Facilities & Fundraising
Cricket is investing more into community cricket facility projects than ever before via the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund (ACIF).
Cricket Australia, in partnership with State and Territory Associations, is committed to developing quality facilities that provide a welcoming environment for all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators. The ACIF will contribute $4.6 million per annum into community cricket facility projects, representing Cricket’s largest ever commitment to community cricket infrastructure.
The ACIF is open to all clubs, associations, schools, councils and cricket facility managers, acknowledging the important role that these partners play in providing facilities for community cricket across Australia.
[INSERT BUTTON HERE - AUSTRALIAN CRICKET INFRASTRUCTURE FUND GUIDELINES]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Who can apply to the ACIF? Clubs, associations, councils, schools, facility managers or any other organisation with a role as a user or manager of a community cricket facility.
2. How can I apply for funding from the ACIF? Your relevant state or territory association will announce when they are opening the ACIF for applications. Applications are submitted via an online form.
3. What types of projects receive funding from the ACIF? Projects must be focused on growing cricket participation and/or providing welcoming and inclusive environments for all participants. Typical projects include the construction or refurbishment of pitches, ovals, practice facilities, change rooms, pavilions and supporting infrastructure.
4. Are there projects that the ACIF doesn't support? The ACIF doesn’t support 1) projects that have already commenced, 2) sporting equipment (eg. stumps, balls), 3) routine maintenance or maintenance equipment, 4) temporary facilities, 5) projects not focused on community cricket, 6) projects that can be covered by insurance, 7) previously funded facilities (unless a new facility component), and 8) facilities with no/limited public access.
5. What if my project doesn't meet the funding guidelines? Please contact your relevant State Infrastructure Manager to discuss how we may be able to assist you to develop your project or seek other funding opportunities.
6. How much funding can I apply for? The ACIF has three categories relating to the amount of the funding request:
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Minor: $1,000 - $10,000
- Community Cricket Infrastructure Grants - Major: $10,001 - $30,000
- Strategic Cricket Infrastructure Funding: $30,001+
7. When will the ACIF be open for applications? Each State and Territory Association will announce when the ACIF will open for applications. Please visit your State or Territory Association website for further information:
All projects submitted to the Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund must be compliant with the